Followers

Friday, June 1, 2012

Letter from the Editor - Hiatus

Letter from The Editor

The June 2012 issue will be the last Short Review issue for a little while, the journal will be on hiatus for at least a few months while we take stock and think, for the first time since its inception in 2007, about how to take it forward.

This journal began with me and a few of my friends and has grown beyond my wildest dreams - with over 50 reviewers worldwide. However, success and growth bring their own challenges and what has been done by me and my fantastic deputy editor, Diane, as a labour of love is now becoming somewhat of a burden on us. This is in great part due to technology, and we are in urgent need of funding in order to allow us to upgrade the website to make everyone's lives easier.

This is not the end of The Short Review, there is still nothing - as far as I know - out there fulfilling the same function, much as I wish there were ten such journals, and so we will find new ways to proceed, a new incarnation. We welcome your thoughts and ideas, please post in the comments.

While we are contemplating, please do check out check out our back issues and archives of reviews and interviews, you will find many many ideas of short story collections and anthologies to read! And enjoy our June issue...

See you back here soon.

All the best,
Tania

Editor, The Short Review

4 comments:

Bob Jacobs said...

Cripes. Good luck taking this forward, in whatever form that takes.

Aiden said...

Best of luck and you certainly deserve a break.

Alan Beard said...

a shame because I've loved the Short Review - found many new (to me) collections. Understand completely though.

Rachel Fenton said...

Truly hope you can take this forward; you deserve funding for sure.

Footer